Monday, January 16, 2023

SAHRR 2023

 This is the 3rd year for SAHRR (Stay at Home Round Robin). This challenge was born out of the COVID years. A team of quilters heading by Gail @QuiltingGail, announce a weekly challenge for each round. Starting with a center block (either new of orphaned) - Week one and continuing for 6 weeks of rounds. 

It is your choice on how to interpret the rounds and how you choose to make your quilt. There are really no rules to follow as it is your quilt!

This year I will start with an orphaned Halloween quilt block that I made back on 2012 for the Wicked Blog Hop. I am not a big Halloween fan (although my opinion has changed a bit since my grandson was born) so I don't have any Halloween quilts. I made one of the blocks from the blog hop into a wall hanging for my daughter but the rest are in the orphaned basket. 

I picked this haunted house block as my center block. It is a 12" block.

Even though I am not a Halloween fan, I do have a fat-quarter bundle of Halloween fabric that I won many years ago and a few other pieces. We will see how this goes as my schedule is pretty full. 
Looking forward to the next clue.
Linking to Quilting Gail
Stop by to see how others are starting their SAHRR this year!


7 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn! I love that you are playing along. I had to slightly giggle when you said you're not a Halloween fan . . . but your grandson is changing your mind. I'm in that same boat! What a fun center block. I can't wait to see where you take this project during the next couple of weeks. It will be fun! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute block!!! So happy to hear you're joining us in the SAHRR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a good spooky start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I'm not a Halloween fan either, but the haunted house is neat! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cute haunted house, and will make a fun center for your SAHRR! Sounds like a great way to use up that Halloween fabric bundle, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have the perfect start! My first was an orphan block, but the last 3 have been design blocks. It's fun either way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect way to use an orphan block! Will be fun to see it grow.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments