Friday, August 27, 2010


Last night I finished putting together the needlecase from Kaaren over at The Painted Quilt!  It turned out much better than I anticipated.  Why? I needed a hand project to take to my knitting/handwork club and I didn't have anything started.  [Of coarse I was throwing this together at the last minute.]  I quickly decided to download Kaaren's project and then I realized I didn't have a large enough piece of muslin in my stash.  No time to run to the store, so I just used a piece of white cotton from my stash and traced the stitchery.  I decided to use navy floss instead of black because of the starkness of the white.  And off I went.

I showed peeks of the stitchery in a previous post.  It was coming along.

Yesterday with the stitchery finished,  I picked some navy fabric from my stash for the outside and a small red and white polka dot fabric for the binding.  Here it is:

I love it!  The deep pockets are roomy enough to keep your projects in and the ribbon tie for the scissors keeps them in place.  Thanks Kaaren!  If you would like to do this project, hop over to Kaaren's blog, The Painted Quilt!


  1. Your getting your project together is so typical of the way it usually happens to me..... You do have talent for getting it together and away you went! I love it! Well done!

  2. Awesome job, Dawn! I love the colors you used and you made it your own. Too cool!


Sweet sentiments