Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yes! Swaps are fun!

I have a few updates today!  Remember that I stated that I finished my posy needle case and sent it off to my swap partner?  She notified me yesterday that she received her package!  My swap partner, Margaret is from Southern Australia.  She doesn't have a blog so I will post pictures here.  I added a little ribbon bow with a ladybug charm. Isn't it cute!

I also made this cute little wrist pincushion as a little surprise gift.  I found the tutorial here.  I'm glad you liked it, Margaret!  It was fun to be in the swap!

So I told myself that I need to wait patiently for my package from my swap partner.  I was anxious to see where the package would be from and what would be inside.  I didn't need to wait too long because in the mail today came a package addressed to me.  It came from North Carolina!  Here is my surprise!


My swap partner, Betty enjoys beading and her handiwork is exquisite! The posy has intricate beading around the edges, on the leaves and petals!  Betty also made a button pin that is all beaded.  I haven't done much work with beads.  Years ago I tried a cross stitch with beads [a UFO that I haven't run across in a while], I have strung beads for bracelets and I had to re bead a wedding dress that I did alterations on.  That's about all  ~ so I appreciate all the work!

That's all for now!  Will have some more goal updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet sentiments