Sunday, December 1, 2019

Rainbow Scrap Challenge for 2019 progress

At this time of year, many of the monthly challenges come to an end. Then it is time to try to finish them and make quilts (not UFOs)! If you have been following along with me this year for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I did 2 blocks: The Waterfront Starburst and the Reverse Star blocks. I finished the Waterfront Starburst blocks and posted them here. Those blocks have been put together into a top and the quilt has been sandwiched and pin basted. It is now waiting for some time for me to get to the quilting! 
I finally put together the remaining Reverse Star blocks. 
in browns
in blacks
in peach/corals
Here are all the blocks together!
No sashing on this quilt but I may add a border. 
I will link up to Scrap Happy Saturday over at So Scrappy.
In the meantime, I have been working on a bit of Christmas sewing. Here is a sneak peek. 
This is a table topper from Vicki's Crafts and Quilting as part of the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop hosted by Sarah @Confessional of a Fabric Addict. All that's left is hand stitching the binding!

4 comments:

  1. I really love those reverse star blocks. I like blocks like that put together without sashing. So many quilters separate their blocks with sashing but I always think they look awesome lying together without it.
    I also really love what I can see of that table topper. I’m excited to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous finish! RSC2019 has been a lot of fun and so many beautiful quilts have come out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn! I'm so glad you left a comment because I have been remiss at visiting you. I love the blocks you made for the RSC2019 reversible stars. The best part is how you've turned the blocks so that the stars are more randomly placed. Your table topper is lovely, too. You are so close to being down - is it a gift or are you going to be enjoying it for yourself? Merry Christmas to you and your family! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt, for some reason the different colored quilts like this are so fun to do and fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments