Saturday, January 16, 2021

A Week of Progress

 I have continued to work with my pink scraps for the month of January. I hope that I'm not doing too much! As Angela has said, "I won't always have this much free time." School starts again with a hybrid model Tuesday. I'm scheduled every Friday so far with additional days here and there. My latest pink blocks are from the pattern Joy Luck from Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. It is one of her Schnibbles patterns that I bought a long time ago. As I was cleaning my sewing room, I ran across it and thought it was time to make it and that it would be an easy quick block for RSC. 

I have worked quite a bit on my #shoalsewalong with Nicholas Ball. I tried adding interest with inserting contrasting colors to a few bodies and tails. I am looking forward to class with Nicholas Ball on Tuesday to learn more tips and techniques. 

Improv sewing is so freeing. No rules!
I decided to join in on the SAHRR ~ Stay At Home Round Robin, hosted by Quilting Gail. I looked through my stash and decided to cut into Frolic by Sandy Gervais because I had some yardage and some fat quarters. Since I don't know what the next rounds will be I am hoping that I have enough fabric. This block is called Stacked. I left off the last round to make it a 12" block. 
I'm linking to ScrapHappy Saturday @SoScrappy,  Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop @
confessions of a Fabric Addict,  Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty, Peacock Party @Wendy's Quilts and More, Friday Foto Fun @Poweredbyquilting, Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts, Center Block @QuiltingGail

10 comments:

  1. Love your "Joy Luck" RSC pink blocks--so pretty and your fish are amazing..nice projects hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I LOVE the yellows !! You have a great selection of background fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart all three of your projects!! Joy Luck--adorbs! Fish--awesome! And SAHRR--sew cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't all the different colors of pink amazing? Your Joy Luck blocks really show them off nicely. And I just love your sunshiny Stacked block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice PINK start to your Joy Luck quilt (and Nick's Fish, too!!) I'm entertaining the thought of participating in the SAHRR, but haven't fully committed. I really like the block you chose for your starting point!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn! Great little fishie fishie blocks. And I love your choice for the pink scraps as well. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty fishes, these colored patches on the bodies look very nice! Lovely yellow block too, bright and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your cheerful yellow centre block! You will have a wonderful round robin quilt! Thanks for joining us in the SAHRR!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All three are so cheery!! I am glad you get to stitch a lot now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice quilts coming along, especially the fish ones (says the pisces!). I think your SAHRR is perfect and will go well with round #2!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments