Friday, January 28, 2022

Filler sewing

 I'm at a place where I have time to spare while I wait on a few things. 

I'm working on a wedding quilt (sneak peek in last post) and the flimsy is done but I need to get backing fabric. 

I am also waiting on a fabric order to start the quilt my daughter picked for our granddaughter (due in May)!

The SAHRR for this week is diamonds and after doing much research on making diamonds and doing some practice, I decided to order a ruler. I don't order specialty rulers very often but diamonds are tricky. I remember when I made a Storm at Sea quilt (when I was a fairly new quilter...what was I thinking?) and how difficult it was. 

So I'm waiting on an Amazon delivery.
I'm waiting on the new color announcement for February's RSC and the next steps for the Macaron Mystery QAL both next week!
My grandson, his mom and dad came down with Covid so I also couldn't babysit and had those days free too (not a bad problem to have but I did miss him)
Magnus likes to race cars on my coffee table and we would often use my pumpkin or my snowflake table topper as our racetrack. But after I put away the seasonal toppers, he wanted something to race on. So I made this topper for racing while he was recovering. 

Yesterday, I had him for the first time in about 10 days. He loved it!
Another idea I have been thinking about for quite some time is a 
small hanging to go with my snowmen collection. For years I 
collected snowmen and I still put out some of them each Christmas 
and keep them up through the winter. 
I made this yesterday during nap time. I finished it last night with the quilting 
and binding.
Still had some time so I joined Stash Buster Challenge on Facebook. The challenge is to make 52 blocks. Here are my first 4 blocks. 
Having too much time can be a bit dangerous! Hopefully I will be able to keep up with this challenge once everything comes in. 
Linking with Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts, NTT @ My Quilt Infatuation, Friday Foto Fun @Powered by Quilting, Brag about your Beauties @From Bolt to Beauty, and Off The Wall Friday @Crations Quilts and Art.

5 comments:

  1. I can only wish I were wandering around looking for something to do. My list is long of want to dos. You’ve kept yourself mightily busy. I got a diamond ruler as a gift (it was on my list) but I’ve yet to get around to trying it out. The race topper looks like a lot of fun! I love the style of it. The “let it snow” is so cute. Perfect with the snowman. Those fun new blocks will make into a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like having unexpected time to get some extra quilting done. It looks like your grandson is enjoying driving his car on the roads. Nifty idea. And, oh those snowmen. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s so much fun to stop and see what others are up to! It’s very motivational, too! I enjoyed reading your post while I had my morning coffee, and I’m ready to jump up and get to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute idea for a table topper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling new snow-y wall hanging and an adorable playmat for your grandson!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments