Tuesday, January 18, 2022

SAHRR Week ~ Round 1 and other things

Monday began Round 1 of SAHRR for 2022! 

Anja's choice to start this year is..the curved-block. Now I don't do much curved piecing so I hemmed and hawed about what I wanted to do. I knew I wanted to try to keep each round to no more than 3". My original thought would have needed a filler border to make the size work out. I scraped that idea but I had already added the borders. My final decision was to just add a drunkard's path block to each corner. To make it more interesting, I pieced the bars between each corner in opposite colors from the drunkard's path block. This round nicely frames the original block.

I'm linking to Anja Quilts.
I also finished 2 blocks for the January/February block drive. Kat choice of blocks for the beginning of the year is a string block. We are using the pattern from 2019. They will be in the mail soon.

I have been working on another quilt but I can't say much about it yet. I will leave you with a sneak peek. 
 

6 comments:

  1. You're off to a good start on the SAHRR! I love the curved corners. Your CiL blocks look good, too. I need to make some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn! I love your idea for the DP blocks in the corners. It certainly does give the piece a rounded, continuous frame. I never would have thought of doing that - I need to PIN it so I remember it in the future. Cool idea! I'm so glad you're playing along. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ingenious design. I really like how it turned out. What a simple yet perfect way to add to your block. I can't wait to see what else you will come up with. time4stitchn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a really nice start to your sweet block! I used drunkard’s path myself for the first time, so I’m intrigued with others’ ideas. Your treatment is very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your SAHRR border in that soft green fabric. The DP blocks in the corners was a clever idea. It keeps the eye moving around the center block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your alternate directions in the curves. That is a really pretty block!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments