Wednesday, January 12, 2022

SAHRR2022 Center Block

 Last year I participated in the SAHRR (Stay at Home Round Robin) challenge hosted by Quilting Gail. Seeing that COVID is not over yet, the round robin will once again be conducted at home. 

Each week starting next Monday, one of 6 quilting friends will announce the round. Last year we did piano keys, plus, flying geese, checkerboard, wonky stars, and log cabin blocks. After the announcement, it is up to you how you add the round to your quilt. 

Last year was the first time that I participated in a round robin and it was fun seeing how different everyone's turned out. 

This year I will use an orphaned block for my center square. 

I don't even remember when or why I made this quilt block but I found it in a basket in my sewing room. (I generally don't have many orphaned blocks around.)
I still have scraps from these fabrics, and I pulled other coordinating scrap from my stash. Let's see how this goes this year! 
Here is the line-up:
                                                                                                                Stay tuned to see how this year's SAHRR goes! 
Linking up to Linky Party for center blocks.

3 comments:

  1. Have lots of fun! Doing a round robin was one of my most fun projects, and the resulting quilt is my most favorite of all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a lot of fun! I may be in too, but I already missed the first week ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a nice block for your quilt center. I'm looking forward to seeing the next border added!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments