Saturday, February 25, 2023

Final week of pink for the RSC, Round 5 of the SAHRR

 It has been a busy week trying to keep up as well as work and help with my grandchildren. Here it is Saturday and I finally started to work on Round 5 of SAHRR. Emily from The Darling Dogwood pick the square in a square block for this round. 

Before deciding how to add this round to my Halloween quilt, I stepped back and took a look at the composition so far. I thought that the quilt was pretty busy with a lot going on in each round. I wanted to find some place to have the eye rest.  So using a simple spider web print from the collection in black, I teamed it with some Kona silver to make my square in a square blocks. I made three blocks for each corner and connected each corner with a strip of black fabric.  

I will probably bring in some color, purple or green, back into the mix on Round 6. Of coarse, it will depend on what block will be announced on Monday for the final round! My quilt measures 42.5" after Round 5. 
I'm linking to Round 5 linky party @The Darling Dogwood

It is also the final Saturday in February which means the last Saturday to post your pink blocks. I wonder what color March will be? Last night I found a bit of time after work and dinner and brew out with my husband, to make my final pink button block. I was successful in making 4 blocks (that's the goal 😉)!


I'm linking to Scrap Happy Saturday @ SoScrappy

I also finished putting together the slabs to construct the top for my #improvtrianglesewalong quilt. It is next up for sandwiching and quilting!
I also finished the quilting on my Melodic Mystery Quilt, prepared the binding and stitched it on. Now I'm working on hand stitching the binding. I don't have any pictures of the quilt right now but I should reveal it soon!
Linking to Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop @ Confessionsofafabricaddict, Finished or Not Friday @AlyciaQuilts, Off the Wall Friday @Creations, Quilts, Art, Whatever and Link Party @Patchwork and Quilts

9 comments:

  1. Round #5 is beautiful, I love the new row, calling back the first row with its black strips. Pretty buttons, and forest!
    Thank you for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you combined your squares in a square at the corners of this round! Those button blocks are really fun, too. I'll enjoy seeing how you quilt your triangles quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A post completely filled with AWESOME, Dawn!! You made a good call with the SAHRR. I absolutely LOVE your Improv Triangle quilt top! Congrats on getting it assembled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Halloween RR is fabulous! You've done a great job. I like the RSC and the improv pieces, too. Lots of good going on in your studio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will be all ready for Halloween this year! The green triangle quilt looks like a forest of trees to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the addition of the solids!! It makes it everything else just pop out and gives your eyes so much good stuff to look at!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great!!! I love the Halloween theme, and using this round as a place to rest your eye is a good plan. I do like the trio of blocks in each corner. That center is super fun!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments