Tuesday, February 7, 2023

SAHRR ~ Round 3

 Monday marked Round 3 of SAHRR23. This week is hosted by Chris @ChrisKnitSews. Her prompt for round 3 is the hourglass block. I chose to use the traditional method of HST to make my blocks. I cut squares 4 1/2" in both my chosen fabric and the background fabric. I drew a diagonal line from one corner to the other. I then sewed a scant 1/4" seam on each side of the diagonal mark. I cut on the diagonal line from corner to corner and without moving my piece I rotated and cut diagonally from the other corners resulting in 4 HSTs. I pressed to the dark side and then nestled the seams and stitched to complete the hour glass. I trimmed to 3 1/2" square. 

(I didn't take any pictures while I worked)

I made 16 blocks for 4 on each corner and cut 4 background blocks 3 1/2" square, and using coordinating Halloween fabrics, I cut 4- 3 1/2" x 12 1/2" strips to finish off the sides. 

My quilt now measures 30 1/2"
I'm linking to the Link up party here.

6 comments:

  1. How cute your seasonal SHARR is going to be! Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some really fun prints you have for your SAHRR! They're going to make a cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you have going so far! So fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your polka dot hour glass blocks have a bit of an optical illusion to them, looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments