Wednesday, February 1, 2023

SAHRR - Round 2

 On Monday, the prompt for the second round of SAHRR2023 was announced. This week is hosted by Wendy @Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life. She choose stars for this round. 

As always, the interpretation of the prompt is up to the individual. I also choose to make the friendship star. 

I made 4 - 3" stars for each side of my block. A total of 16 star blocks! The centers of the stars is the same fabric that I used for the moon in my orphaned center block! Yes, I still had some left from 2012 in my stash. I used a coordinating Kona Butterscotch from my stash for the points and the purple is also Kona Mulberry from my stash.

To fill in the corners I used a purple background Halloween print from my stash. 
The block now measures 24.5"
I'm ready for the next prompt for Round 3!
I'm linking to the linky party for Stars @Pieceful Thought of My Quilting Life.

3 comments:

  1. Remind me next year that I have a stack of Halloween fabric to use up. Your SAHRR is progressing SEW well, Dawn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. What fun it will be come next October!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to see this grow each week - I like the little stars - they kinda glow!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments