Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'm back from our visit to Indiana to see our youngest 2 daughters, Kirsten and Kari.  It is always fun to see them!  We also get to spend some nice time with Mike, our daughters boyfriend!   So after my last post telling about the journal cover I made, my daughter, Kirsten, sent pictures of one of the journals covers I made finished as a journal.  The tree trunk and background was made of paper and the leaves were fabrics.  It was all machine stitched.  It has been sold for Bound 4 Freedom, a very good cause.
The ride to Indiana is about 4 hours so of coarse I need something to do in the car.  I didn't have a knitting project so I brought along my hand quilting project.  I have been working on this on and off for about 2 years.  It will be a 2 color quilt, the pattern, Robbing Peter to Pay Paul.  There are 96 blocks to make.  Not sure where I am in the count but I was able to sew 5 in the car.
I have also been able to spend time in my sewing room and completed the first compass in the yellow colorwave.

That's all for now....off to a meeting for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet sentiments